Strengthen your patient education program with up-to-date, authoritative information peer-reviewed by members of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Each Academy booklet explains a specific surgical procedure, how to prepare for it, possible complications, and what to expect during recovery.
- Reliable support to gain acceptance for your recommended treatments
- Take-home references to help patients make decisions and become better participants in their care
- Exercise and activity guide to supplement the rehabilitation program you provide
- Pass-along information to help caregivers provide better at-home support
The Academy’s peer-reviewed brochures and booklets are written in simple language and are richly illustrated. They can also be customized for your practice.
These easy-to-read, inviting brochures feature:
- Reliable information on the most prevalent musculoskeletal conditions
- Accurate content reviewed by orthopaedic surgeons
- Detailed anatomic drawings to help patients better understand their conditions
Booklet and Brochure Titles
Total Knee Replacement
Total Hip Replacement
Rotator Cuff Tears
Getting Ready for Joint Replacement
After Your Joint Replacement
Low Back Pain
Scoliosis in Children
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
OrthoInfo offers a wide range of patient education topics — from detailed information about orthopaedic conditions and surgical procedures to more general topics like exercise and injury prevention. All articles are developed and peer-reviewed by orthopaedic surgeons.
Online Informed Patient Program
AAOS online informed patient learning modules can help your patients be better informed and better participants in their care. Written in simple language and richly illustrated, these modules are a communications tool to help your patients prepare for surgery.
A joint effort between members of the Medical Liability Committee and the editorial board of OrthoInfo, this program is a free resource for AAOS members and their patients.
Public Relations Resources
Free resources from the Academy help promote your practice in your community and cultivate awareness for the orthopaedic profession.
- Posters and postcards
- Community Orthopaedics Awareness Program (COAP) educational slideshows
- Traveling Exhibits
- Public Service Announcements
- Resource Kits on Exercise and Patient Safety
- Tool Kits for Media Training and Public Relations